What is Search Engine Optimization – Importance
Search engine optimization can also be defined as a set of rules that website (or blog) owners can follow to optimize their sites for search engines and, thus, improve their ranking in search engines. In addition, this is a great way to improve the quality of their sites, making them user friendly and quick to navigate. The most important aspect of search engine optimization is how effectively you can use SEO to help drive more traffic, leads and sales to your business.
What search engines are looking for
Search engines want to do their job as efficiently as possible, directing users to certain sites and content, which is most important for what the user is looking for. So how is relevance determined?
Content: determined by the given topic, text on the page and the specified names and descriptions.
Performance: how fast does your site work and does it work correctly?
Authority : Does your site have good enough content to link to other reputable sites or use other reputable sites that use your site as a link?
User experience: what does the site look like? Is navigation convenient? Does it look safe?
What search engines aren’t exactly looking for
Search engine spiders only have a certain amount of memory to store data, so if you try to trick them, you are likely to harm yourself in the long run. Elements that are not needed by search engines:
- Excessive use of keywords on your pages.
- Bad user experience: simplify the user experience. Too much advertising, which complicates the process of finding something really necessary for people, will only increase the rate of unnecessary views.
Optimization for different types of results
Make sure you focus on optimizing for mobile and tablets, as well as other media.
- Focus on your metadata.
- Your content on the site must have title tags and meta descriptions.
- Meta keywords are currently largely ignored by search engines, but if you are still using them, make sure they relate to this particular page and are also formatted correctly.
- Your meta description must be unique.
By ignoring the basics of search engine optimization, you won’t lay the foundation of your site and you won’t be able to increase your revenue opportunities. Follow the best practices!
- In this article you will learn how search results are arranged, how to compose a semantic core, and how to rise in search results.
- Find out which 5 approaches work and do not work for website promotion .
- This article discusses SEO for an eCommerce site.